Monday, January 30, 2012

When Elbow Grease and Microfiber meet

Spit up, drool, spilled water, and who-knows-what-else.  These are all things that have imprinted themselves as ugly spots on our microfiber couch. 

Not long ago I came across a blog from someone who found a solution to get these unsightly and embarrassing spots out of their microfiber couch.  I went to the store and got all my supplies and when to work.

Here’s what I did…..

031

   

This is my couch before. 

 

 

 

 

 

You will need:

Rubbing Alcohol (alcohol evaporates faster than water and won’t leave a spot.033)

Clean Sponges (preferably white so no color will come off on your couch.  I found some neutral colored sponges at Fred Meyer that worked well)

Brush (again – find one with white bristles)

 

Spray the alcohol on the spots and scrub, scrub, scrub!!  I went over some places more than once because the spots were really bad. 

 

Here’s what my sponge looked like afterward compared to a new one….

034

If there are parts that look stiff and clumped after everything dries, take the brush and, in a circular motion, you can take care of those areas easily. 

031

 

 

    BEFORE

 

      

 

 

036

 

 

AFTER

 

 

 

Amazing difference!!!  There is hope for the microfiber in your family!!!

1 comment:

  1. Genius! Nicely done, Krista. Now, to find some rubbing alcohol for my couch... :)

    ReplyDelete