Friday, January 20, 2012

a Small Victory

So here’s the question – do you believe that ultimate success is made from small victories?

A little while back I shared with you that I was going to try to lose some of my stubborn baby weight.  I quit snacking in the evenings, limited my soda, tried to cut out sugar after a certain time in the afternoon, and began doing some exercises. 

It’s hard to actually see results when they happen so slowly.  But here is one of my small victories. 

I needed a new pair of jeans.  Usually I get my jeans at Value Village so they are already worn past their prime, then I get them and promptly kill them.   So I needed some new ones. 

For the first time in probably 6 years I got myself a brand new pair of jeans.  Granted, I’m still too frugal to pay full price so I found a pair on a really good sale. 

Here’s my small victory…….. 

I bought a pair 1 size smaller than I had previously been wearing!!!!! 

Don’t get me wrong, there is still a lot of work to be done and a lot of weight to be lost.  But I’m feeling good in my one-size-smaller jeans (with the bling-bling on the back pockets!).

1 comment:

  1. Yay yay yay! This is a big deal, because it's a tangible result of your hard work and dedication. We should have a party! But with healthy food only, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete