Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Smaller Me for 2012

I debated whether or not I was going to do this post because by writing this post I will be making myself accountable to all my readers therefore, binding myself to my weight-loss goal. 

This was me 8 years ago - 6298518-R1-035-16_4 

 

I was married at a mere 110 pounds.  I realize that being 5’8” in height, 110 pounds is extremely thin - to the point where I could comfortably put a glow stick necklace around my waist - but I felt confident in my own skin.  I want to add right here that I did not have an eating disorder by any means.  I ate everything!!!  I just had an extremely high metabolism. 

 

8 years and three children later equals an extreme change in body image.  I’m not going to post a picture of me now because it’s just too depressing for me.  I would have to say that weight issues would be the one point in my life that depresses me more than anything. 

I have a wonderful marriage and great kids.  My relationship with the Lord is thriving and I have wonderful friends who love and support me.  But the one area in my life that causes me the most grief every single day is when I look in the mirror. 

I joined Curves four years ago and went faithfully and started losing weight when, lo and behold, I got pregnant with Emma.  After Emma was born I joined Urban Fitness and again started losing weight and wha-lah!  Katie Jo came along.  I kind of laugh and say to myself, “you better watch out, Krista!  You start losing more weight now and you’ll end up with child number 4.”

I’ve made the decision though and this time I’m going for it again.  So here’s what I’ve been doing thus far:

Soda is my vice but for the past week I’ve limited myself to only one soda (or none!) per day and I have very little to no sugar after 2pm.  I’ve also been drinking a lot of water (at least 75oz per day).

One of my other pitfalls was snacking in the evenings.  How easy it was to put the kids to bed and sit down to relax with an episode of The Office with a bag of chips.  NO MORE!!!!  I have started having only a cup of tea in the evenings. 

MOPS was great this week with our Baby Boot Camp demo.  It gave me some great exercise tips and examples that I’ve been able to begin doing here at home.  My thighs, arms and rear end are constantly sore but I know it’s a good-hurt and will hopefully render positive results. 

This spring I’m also gearing up to finally purchase a bike trailer so I can finally get back out on my bike like I use to.  It’s been difficult being able to ride my bike when I have no where to put the kids but a bike trailer will definitely help.  Emma and Katie Jo can ride in the trailer while Adam rides his own bike with me.  I’m really looking forward to this.

So now that I’ve shared all this with you I hope you can count on everyone to support me on my journey to a thinner me in 2012.  Eventually I’ll post pictures and I’ll  be sure to keep you all updated on what I’m doing each day to achieve my goal. 

If losing weight is something you’re also wanting to do in 2012 I’d love to hear from you and support you in your progress as I’m walking on the same path. 

3 comments:

  1. Krista, you are a brave woman. I'm still in the "high metabolism" phase of my life, but someday I hope to have kids and I know it'll do a number on my body. But I don't know if I'll have the discipline to do what you're doing. With the risk of sounding like a mom...I'm proud of you! And yes, I WILL yell at you when we're hanging out in the evenings and you reach for a soda or chips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this Krista! And I don't know if you do or not, but definitely don't ever feel jealous for me or people like me. I have actually started freaking out a little bit for what I am eating that I DON'T see the outward affects of. I am afraid I am going to have a heart attack at 27. I think I may have to join you in making some positive changes in this regard....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to both of you for the encouragement!! I've been doing good keeping up with the 'no snacking' in the evenings. Also with limiting my soda to only one a day before the afternoon. It's all in the little steps we take each day. Comparing myself to others is definitely a deep-rooted and constant battle I face but I'm really working on it. Thanks again for the support!

    ReplyDelete