Thursday, December 29, 2011

Photo Challenge Continued

Whew!!!  What a busy couple of weeks we have had.  Christmas is always my favorite time of year but I generally feel like I need a few days afterward to recover from all the craziness.  Not to mention this year we had a little bit of an upset with Emma getting an ear infection on Christmas day.  We had to leave early from our family celebrations and ended up spending the rest of the day sitting on the couch holding a heat pack to Emma’s ear while watching Disney’s Prep and Landing.  

But now I’m back and I have a couple more pictures to share with you from my photo challenge.  I have recently discovered a great photo editor called Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.  Currently it’s a little too expensive for my budget (running in at $300) but I downloaded the free 30 day trial.  I use is mainly for my black and white pictures since when you just use the setting on the camera they come out mostly grey and greyer and I have to say, the results are amazing.  So if you’re looking for a good photo software you can check it out. 

Back to my most recent photos…..

#6 Childhood Memory

082

Growing up my favorite Christmas ornament to put on the tree was of two robin birds sitting in their nest with Santa hats on.   I don’t know why I liked it so much, perhaps because it’s different than the traditional snowflakes, snowmen or Santas.  In any case, I found it hanging on my mom’s tree so I decided what better for a childhood memory picture.

 

 

#29 Purchased

009

       Aaaahhhh……  I absolutely love coffee.  Particularly my usual – double shot Snickers mocha with only half the flavors.  At least once a week I find myself driving up to the window at Jitterbugs to purchase my yummy drink and chat a bit with the gals who work there.  This Christmas I was very pleased to receive my own semi-auto pump espresso maker so I get to save a little cash and make my own.  However, every once in awhile I will have to drive by Jitterbugs to say hi to my ladies.  Buying coffee is more than just the drink, it’s a social event!

 

 

#27 After Dark

043

I have to admit, I wasn’t going to use this one.  Sedro Woolley is a small logging town so each year they find the biggest, best tree and put it in the center of town in a manhole.  (Yes, we are a bunch of rednecks)  I went out one night to get a picture of the tree.  Most of the photos turned out but when I took this one I accidently moved so it blurred the lights.  I thought of it as a mistake and was going to delete it but when Andrew saw it he thought it looked really neat and actually liked the picture.  So I kept it and am now using it for my “After Dark” photo.  A bit abstract I guess.

 

So there we have it!  10 photos down and 20 more to go.  I sure hope you are enjoying this challenge so far.   So far it’s been fun for me and have challenged my skills. 

Enjoy your day and be blessed!!

2 comments: