Thursday, December 1, 2011

Photo Challenge

Today I want to introduce you to one of my developing interests - photography.  I do not consider myself to be an accomplished photographer but it is something I have taken an interest in.  I'm constantly looking at other people's photographs and taking mental notes of how to better my own skills and someday I hope to be able to take a photography class; but as of right now I'm taking the class of "trial and error".  

All that to say, I found a 30 day photo challenge on Pinterest and have had it glaring me in the face for the past few months as if saying, "are you too chicken to try?"  A friend of mine found the same challenge and set out to complete it right away.  However, this friend is a talented photographer so picking up her camera to take incredible photos comes naturally to her whereas I am just not gifted in that way. But as I muddle my way through this challenge, and hopefully develop new skills in the process, I will post my progress for you all to see and hopefully enjoy.

The first picture was taken at a park a couple weeks ago.  Armed with my camera and a hot mocha, I sat down to feed Katie Jo while Adam and Emma ran and played.  I looked down and saw a little leaf resting on top of the wood chips in the playground so I grabbed my camera and snapped a picture.  I didn't have the list of photos for my challenge in hand so the first thing I did when I got home was to find where my new photo would fit.  Thankfully I found one that worked...

                           #12 CLOSE-UP

Looking at the list of 30 things to capture in photo I noticed one that said, "daily routine".  With our home not having a dishwasher, a common routine is washing the dishes by hand which leads me to present....

                                                                  
                                                                                            #28 DAILY ROUTINE                       

I will be sure to continue posting the photos of this challenge as I take them.  It will probably take longer than the stated 30 days and will continue to be out of order, but I have made a commitment for myself to complete the entire challenge.  The beauty of posting these photos to share is that now I am accountable to all my readers to post all 30!  

Have a wonderful, sunny day!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love them both! You're inspiring me to finish what I started (I still have 6 left on mine, I think!) Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete