Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Made To Crave

A few weeks ago I posted about my weight loss goals and how I was going to achieve my goals.  It seems that when we truly want to achieve something which is fruitful, God will put opportunities in our path to help out.  Whether or not we actually recognize and take advantage of those opportunities is purely your choice.

I was faced with an opportunity to keep me accountable to my goals and this past week has been, not only a difficult and emotional one as I learn to manage certain cravings, but a positive one in moving closer to what I hope to ultimately achieve. Made to crave

Some ladies from our MOPS steering team have decided to form a Bible study and work through the book Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst. 

When I went to the first meeting our leader started talking about each of us having accountability partners, checking in everyday with what we ate, our calorie count, sharing our goals, etc.  I literally freaked out inside.  In my head I was thinking, “Oh no!  This is not what I signed up for!!”  But on the other hand I felt God telling me, “You’re right.  But this is what you need”

You see?  Even though I would like to lose weight, I had given up all hope of fitting into a slim size 8 ever again.  It’s one thing to set goals and fail at them all by yourself but it’s an entirely different thing to set goals and run the risk of failing in front of others.  It would be too humiliating!

I ended up coming away from that meeting with my eyes opened to what I really needed to do. 

1)Start eating breakfast each day. 

2)Stop drinking soda altogether

3)Exercise

I am proud to announce today that for an entire week so far I have eaten breakfast each day – some days I have to have my kids remind me.  I have only had a total of 1/2 a glass of soda and I have started exercising. 

I haven’t lost any weight yet but I am positive that this time I’m not going to fail and somewhere in my future, a pair of size 8 jeans are waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment